THE TIME IS NOW
Over the last few years online video has become the go-to form of advertising and content for those seeking to get more exposure, higher engagement and more conversions.
Unless you have been living under a very large rock you must know by now the importance of having high quality video content in your business marketing plans.
Of course you do… but for whatever reason it’s been too hard, too costly and too time consuming to implement.
Fair Enough, Video Content can be a Real Pain in the A$$ to get RIGHT!
So is that a good enough reason to ignore the opportunity that exists for your business right now?
Is Video Content REALLY that important?
Here are 46 Stunning Statistics from the last few years that show the State of Video Marketing in 2018.
They might just make you reconsider the opportunity at hand.
- YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of total internet users. (via Wordstream)
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week. (via Wordstream)
- 600 million hours of videos are watched on YouTube and Facebook combined each day (via Wordstream)
- 87% of online marketers use video content. (via Wordstream)
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users. (via Wordstream)
- Video marketing gets 66% more qualified leads per year.(via Aberdeen Group)
- Video marketing gets a 54% increase in brand awareness. (viaAberdeen Group)
- 76.5% of marketers and small business owners are getting results with video marketing. (via Animoto)
- 83% of businesses using video think it gives them a good ROI. (via Wyzowl)
- 82% of businesses using video think it’s a key part of their strategy. (via Wyzowl)
- Having a video on a landing page makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of the Search Engine Results Pages. (via Wordstream)
- Including video in a landing page can increase conversion by 80% (via Global Pictures)
- 46% of users act after viewing a video ad. (via Wordstream)
- An initial email with a video receives an increase click-through rate by 96%. (via Wordstream)
- Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors. (via Wordstream)
- Blog posts incorporating video attract 3x as many inbound links as blog posts without video. (via Wordstream)
- The average Conversion Rate for websites using video is 4.8%, compared to 2.9% for those that don’t use video. (via Wordstream)
- Combining video with full-page ads boosts engagement by 22 percent. (via Wordstream)
- Nearly half of users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store(via Global Pictures)
- 83% of Australian consumers interact with brands on social media and 48% of them made a purchase after watching a branded video. (via Global Pictures)
- 51% of Marketing Professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI. (via Wordstream)
- 97% of businesses using Explainer Videos say it helps users understand their business better. (via Wyzowl)
- Among those surveyed for the 2017 State of Video Marketing report, 81% saw an increase in sales. (via Wyzowl)
- Among those surveyed for the 2017 State of Video Marketing report, 53% said support calls were reduced. (via Wyzowl)
- 4 out of 5 consumers believe that demo videos are helpful. (via Global Pictures)
- 4 times as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it. (via Global Pictures)
- Of business owners that aren’t using video, 73% have bought a product after watching a video. (via Wyzowl)
- 64% percent of consumers make a purchase after watching branded social videos (via Tubularinsights)
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video. (via Wordstream)
- 68% of YouTube users watch videos to make a purchase decision (via Global Pictures)
- The Millennial age group (25-34) watches the most online videos and men spend 40% more time watching videos on the internet than women. (via Wordstream)
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined. (via Wordstream)
- Videos up to 2 minutes long get the best engagement.(via Social Media Today)
- 10 million videos are watched on Snapchat per day. (via Wordstream)
- 72 Hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every 60 seconds. (via Wordstream)
- One-third of all time online is spent watching video. (via Wordstream)
- Over half of all video content is viewed on mobile. (via Wordstream)
- 92% of mobile video viewers share videos with others. (via Wordstream)
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter. (via Wordstream)
90% of Twitter video views happen on a mobile device. (via Wordstream)
- 85% of Facebook video views are without sound. (via Social Media Today)
- Views on branded video content have increased 258% on Facebook and 99% on YouTube as of June 2017. (via TubularInsights)
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text. (via Wordstream)
- 94% of businesses see video as an effective tool. (via Wyzowl)
- 1 in 4 small business owners feel they are ‘behind’ on video. (via Social Media Today)
- By 2021, Cisco estimates that every second, a million minutes (17,000 hours) of video content will cross global IP networks. (via Forbes)
- Cisco states that Live internet video will account for 13 percent of the total video traffic in 2018. (via Forbes)
Pretty mind-blowing isn’t it?
There’s not much more to say really…. There’s simply no doubt that online video marketing is still on the rise and its potential benefit to your business bottom line is very real.